On 20 July Artsakh Republic President Arayik Harutyunyan introduced newly-appointed minister Ararat Ohanjanyan to the staff of the ministry of Healthcare.
The Head of the State thanked Arayik Baghryan for efficiently managing the sphere over a protracted period and wished success to Ararat Ohanjanyan in connection with assuming a responsible position in difficult pandemic conditions.
Arayik Harutyunyan emphasized once again that having a free and quality healthcare system is a key principle of the President's program. However, according to the President, within the framework of reforms, all forms of corruption should be ruled out in the sphere, such as:
• the factor of bribery in the process of purchasing drugs and medical equipment, prescribing recipes,
• targeted referral for diagnostic laboratory research.
President Harutyunyan assured that the process will be under strict control of the National Security Service and anyone, not following the above-mentioned instructions, will be held accountable. Along with this, according to the President, it is an imperative to be guided by the following approaches:
• show a friendly attitude towards patients in all circumstances,
• apply on a mandatory basis the international protocols for research and treatment;
• ensure the collegial principle when making decisions in the field;
• approve the list of those examinations that are not carried out in Artsakh.
The President of the republic also noted that the provision of social guarantees for medical workers is one of the important tasks of the policy pursued by the country's leadership. Within this context, it is noteworthy that the salaries of medical workers will increase, the first stage of which is scheduled for September, and the second one is in next January.